This region full of natural shades and beauty is the most beautiful region of india. scroll down to explore the unexplored places of some of the popular tourist destinations in india.
Uttarakhand was created on 9 November 2000 as the twenty-seventh state of India after years of long struggles. The area of this hill state of India, Uttarakhand is 55845 sq km. The weather of Uttarakhand is very pleasant. People like to visit here with their families and children to escape from the scorching heat. Dehradun, being the capital of Uttarakhand, is the largest city of this state. The rivers here are the main resources for irrigation and hydropower generation. Here Gangotri and Yamunotri are the origin places of India’s largest rivers Ganga and Yamuna respectively and there are many important pilgrimage centers of Vedic culture situated on their banks. Following are the main tourist places of Uttarakhand. Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, Nainital, Badrinath, Mussoorie, Almora, Dehradun, Haridwar, Ranikhet, Rishikesh, Hemkund Sahib, Ranikhet, Valley of Flowers, apart from this many other tourist places are also worth visiting in Uttarakhand. Which you must explore once.
Munsiyari is such a beautiful place that it is also known as ‘Little Kashmir’ of Uttarakhand. Munsiyari is a beautiful travel destination of snow capped mountains. The people here speak a lot of Pahari language. The best time to visit here is between March to June and September to October. Summer is the best season for trekking. Must visit these places in Munsiyari. You will get a different experience of visiting here.
- Kalamuni Top – Among the tourist places of Munsiyari, Kalamuni Top is situated on a mountain height. Which is situated at an altitude of about 9600 feet. Which is situated at a distance of about 14 kilometers from Munsiyari. Kalamuni Top This TOURIST PLACE of Munsiyari is a very old temple dedicated to Maa Kali. It is said that the devotees who come here pray to Maa Kali by tying a bell in the premises of the temple to fulfill their wishes.
- Maheshwari Kund– Maheshwari Kund is also known as a very old lake of Munsiyari. Maheshwari Kund is also known as a very old lake of Munsiyari. Maheshwari Kund is one of the very beautiful tourist places in Munsiyari. You can also visit this place here in Munsiyari.
- Thamri Kund – Thamri Kund is a perennial lake among the tourist places of Munsiyari. This lake is near the Kumaon Valley. It is the largest fresh water lake here. This place is surrounded by thick thick trees of paper and alpine.
- Nanda Devi Temple – Nanda Devi Temple is one of the major tourist places of Munsiyari. Situated at a distance of about 3 km from Munsiyari, this temple is one of the ancient temples of Munsiyari. Whose height is about 7500 feet above sea level.
- Panchachuli Peak – Panchachuli mountain is a very popular tourist destination here. This mountain made of five mountains reflects the mythological importance. This place is a very good place for mountaineers. It is said that the Pandavas made their journey to heaven through these mountains.
- Munsiyari Museum – This museum shows the lifestyle of the people of tribal culture. It is situated at a distance of about 2 kilometers from Munsiyari.
Kanatal is a small village located in the state of Uttarakhand, India, which is situated on the route of Chamba and Mussoorie. Kanatal Tehri is very attractive hill station located in Garhwal district. Kanatal earlier had a lake after which this ancient and charming village was named. Kanatal is a village situated at an altitude of about 8500 feet above sea level. The hills of Kanatal, here flower gardens, apple trees and green forests are very much liked by the tourists in Kanatal. Best time to visit Kanatal December to February and April to June enjoy the best weather of Kanatal. People also come here for honeymoon. Surkhanda Temple of Kanatal is the most popular place here. The temperature of Kanatal mostly remains cool, during winter it remains between 0 to 14 degree Celsius. There is a tourist place called Dhanaulti in Kanatal of Uttarakhand which is situated at a distance of 62 km from Mussoorie. Dhanaulti is at an altitude of about 2200 meters above sea level. Hotels and resorts are available from low-budget to high-budget in Kanatal.
Lohaghat is the headquarters of the Kali Kumaon sub-division. The prison built at the same time is the temporary jail of Champawat district. It had become a favorite hill station of the British. And the British used to call this place Lohughat. Lohaghat was removed from Almora district in 1960 and included in Pithoragarh in 1972. After the establishment of Champawat in the year 1997, it is the main town of Champawat district. Lohaghat is called the heart of Champawat. Lohaghat is situated near the Lohavati river. And it has also been considered a center of historical and cultural importance. This place has been called Lohargal in Vayupuran. This area was the first stop on the path of journey to Kailash Mansarovar, the place of penance of sages from Ramayana, Mahabharata, Kaal and even before that. Mahabali Kumbhkaran, Mahavir Ghatotkach and their mother Hidimba attained supreme power at this place. This place was in good condition during the reign of Katyuri rulers in the medieval period. Katyuri used to relate it with the name of “Sui“. Lohaghat has some major temples and tourist places.
- Risheshwar Mahadev Temple– This temple is famous by the name of historical Risheshwar Mahadev Temple. This temple of Lord Shiva was once the first stop of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Maneshwar Temple– This temple is considered to be the oldest temple of Champawat district. The Maneshwar temple was built by King Nirbhay Chand in the 12th century. This temple is situated 7 km away from Champawat town. Every year in the month of February “Maneshwar Mela” is held here. A stream named “Guptnauli” flows near this temple.
- Hareshwar Temple– Hareshwar Temple is famous as the extremely powerful Sakshat Justice Betal Temple of Shiva. Here every complainant of the world gets justice, who does not get justice anywhere. The lovers of this place also consider it as the “Courthouse of Kali Kumaon“.
- Banasura Fort– This place is situated on a peak of Lohaghat, just 16 km away from Champawat town. There are stairs to go inside it. The local residents here call this place Matkot or Banakot.
- Mayawati Ashram– Mayawati Ashram was established on 19 March 1899 by the efforts of “H. Sevier”. This place is 9 kilometers away from Lohaghat. It is also known as Advaita Ashram.
Located at a distance of about 15 km from Champawat district, there is a small town known as Abbott Mount. It was settled by the British during the British rule. This place was known all over the world for its beauty, this town is situated in the lap of Himalayas and nature. It is the longest, highest, widest mountain range in the world. Lohaghat is situated at an altitude of 7000 feet above sea level. There are about 16 old havelis of that time at this place. Mount Abbott shows the 600 km long Himalayan peaks like Trishul, Maktroli, Nandkot, Nandghonti and Nandadevi. October to June is the best time to visit for the best views of the snow-capped mountains.